GlobalStar is a 20+ year veteran Infor Lawson Alliance and ICS Consulting Services Partner. The types of consultants we have available vary, however each is considered expert level within their roles. GlobalStar consultants are vastly experienced in implementations, upgrades, training, optimization, training, and overall support of Infor Lawson systems. Our services are based on best practices - tailored to your specific business needs.
Technical Analyst/Consultants - Minimum 15 years Infor Lawson Experience
GlobalStar Technical Analysts have an unparalleled expertise for managing and expediting a variety of critical tasks, including the: "software patch" process; development of conversions, interfaces, and custom report/programs. Technical staffing is dependent on the level of deliverables specified for the project time line.
- Provides programming skills for conversions, interfaces, the modification or development of reports, screens, files, or vendor enterprise software, with the ability to program and effectively debug in the Client-defined programming language.
- Identification of actual "bugs" within the Infor Lawson programs eliminating need for first checking any/all other possible causes.
- Research/analysis of the hundreds of available patches to determine if one or more might adequately address the bug(s) and, if no patch has been released, communicate the type of patch needed to the Infor Lawson staff - down to the file/data string level to expedite patch production.
- Analyze the patch(s) Before it is applied to make sure that it will fix the bug without causing other issues.
- Responsibilities include writing custom system documentation to Client specifications using working knowledge of the business process.
- May develop unit or full system testing scenarios and conduct appropriate testing.
Technical Consultants have completed the same in-depth level of training as the Functional Consultants - even attending Infor Lawson certification classes - but they were not required to obtain Infor Lawson certifications. Technical Consultants are also trained in all Infor Lawson-related application development tools and languages to assure that the most expeditious development methodologies are utilized.
Technical Consultants' Area of Expertise
- MicroFocus COBOL